The bench is built! ……. FINALLY.
I had the mental plan, and all the materials (so I thought),. Thank goodness I had an extra set of hands to help me along the way. I must say the finished product is rather nice.
It took about 3.5 hours to get to this state from the lumber in the back of my car. I used a small piece of paper as my “blueprint” so I could keep track of the measurements and all that kind of information in my head. It was mainly my source to scribble, and only I would be able to decipher what it really means.
I cut the pieces that I knew the lengths to, and stood them up to replicate what the bench would look like. After staring at it for a considerable amount of time and changed things around I decided on how it was actually going to look. I referred back to my Pinterest board to finalize my design. There ended up being a few trips to the store to find the right screws (I left all of that stuff in Regina), a lot of drilling, and measuring, and a lot of little pencil markings on the wood.
Now all thats left is sanding, painting, glazing, staining, and top coating!